Cape San Blas offers seventeen miles of sugar white sand beaches along a barrier peninsula that wraps around the pristine St. Joseph Bay. The beaches here are family-friendly, pet-friendly, and very relaxed. Enjoy the gentle yet playful surf of the Gulf, or wade in the calm, shallow waters of the Bay. The views are spectacular, unspoiled by high-rise buildings or large crowds.
If you’re looking for a quaint coastal escape, The Scallop Inn at Cape San Blas is your ideal vacation destination.
Your Vacation Home in Cape San Blas, Florida
Welcome to the Scallop Inn! This Gulf view town home is newly renovated and professionally decorated with charming coastal finishes to enrich your vacation experience. With two large bedrooms, two full bathrooms and a spacious kitchen and living area, this property offers everything you could want in a vacation rental.
The Scallop Inn comfortably sleeps six people and welcomes families with pets. You can enjoy stunning ocean views from both the master bedroom balcony and the living room deck. The quiet community of Barrier Dunes allows you to relax and blissfully take in the sights and sounds of the ocean.
The Scallop Inn is a fully furnished, two-story town home. Amenities included for your comfort and convenience include:
- Full kitchen stocked with utensils, dishes, glasses and cookware, refrigerator with ice maker, stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, and small appliances such as toaster, blender, coffee maker, mixer and electric can opener.
- Dining room with seating for four.
- Breakfast bar with additional seating for two.
- Living room with a queen sleeper sofa, cozy fireplace, telephone, cable TV, DVD player, VCR player, selection of movies and games, and an iPod dock.
- Living room deck with Gulf view, patio table and chairs, and gas grill.
- Guest bedroom with queen bed and private porch overlooking the tennis courts and heated pool.
- Full bathroom with tub and shower.
- Master bedroom with ceiling fan, cable TV and DVD player, telephone and alarm clock.
- Private balcony with ocean views
- Full bathroom with standalone shower and separate jetted soaker tub
- Laundry room with washer, dryer, iron and ironing board.
Under the unit there is covered parking for two vehicles, an enclosed outdoor shower and hose for washing off sand, and an outside closet with beach toys and chairs for your use and enjoyment.
Scallop Inn is part of the gated beach front community of Barrier Dunes, located only 1,000 feet from the entrance to beautiful St. Joseph Peninsula State Park. The secluded community area offers additional amenities such as:
- Two large pools – one overlooking the Gulf and one solar heated
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Private beach front clubhouse – available for weddings, reunions, and special events
- Fishing at the beach or stocked fresh water ponds
- Playgrounds and grass courtyards for children
- Trails for bikes, skateboards or scooters
Things to Do
Whether you’re looking for tranquil relaxation or an adventurous excursion, the Cape San Blas area has it all…
- Beaches and pools
- Boating, canoeing, kayaking and sailing
- Fishing - From the shore, in the Bay or deep sea, the fishing is great wherever you choose to go. There are many fishing guides to choose from.
- Golf at St. Joe Country Club, an 18-hole championship golf course located just 10 minutes away from Barrier Dunes. The club is open to public play (850) 227-1751
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Parks – Visit St. Joseph Peninsula State Park located at the tip of Cape San Blas, catch the ferry at Indian Pass and spend the day at St Vincent National Wildlife Refuge, or visit Cape San Blas Lighthouse - call for tour times (850) 229-1151
- Snorkeling and Diving
- Shelling - Year round you will find a variety of shells on the beach, especially after a storm.
- Scalloping - Scallop season runs July 1 to September 10. A Florida fishing license is required. Visit Scallop Cove BP on the cape for all your gear, license and answers to your questions.